OntarioCars.ca Launch Contest - Official Contest Rules & Regulations
CONTEST NAME: FULL SERVICE CHECK-UP!
THE CONTEST PERIOD
1. The contest (the “Contest”) is run by Ontariocars.ca and Used Car Dealers Association of Ontario.
Contest entries will be accepted online from September 11, 2018, 9:00:01 AM (ET) to October 4, 2018,11:59:59 PM (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
CONTEST GROUP ENTITIES
2. For the purposes of the Contest, Ontariocars.ca
together with their affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of the prizes and other services related to The Contest, The Contest website http://Ontariocars.ca/contest
and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in The Contest (collectively, the “Contest Group Entities”).
3. The Contest is open to the legal residents of Ontario who are the age of majority during the contest period. For greater clarity, any person residing outside of Ontario, Canada during the contest entry and draw periods is not eligible to enter. Proof of Canadian residency must be provided by copy of Ontario driver’s license, registered utility bill or government document including resident’s current address. Employees of The Contest Group Entities, their affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, service providers, prize sponsors, attraction and service sponsors, contest judges, their immediate family members and those domiciled with them are not eligible to enter. Winner must be able to legally travel within Ontario.
HOW TO ENTER
4. There are three (3) online ways to enter The Contest online within The Contest Period including:
- Follow/Like ontariocars.ca on Facebook (one entry to the contest is applied)
- Follow ontariocars.ca on Instagram (one entry to the contest is applied)
- Directly at The Contest microsite at http://Ontariocars.ca/contest by completing the entry form
Only one (1) email address or social media handle may be used by any person who enters The Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized holder of the email address or social media handle at the time of entry. For these purposes, the “authorized holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address or social media handle by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses and social media handles for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
There is a limit of three (3) contest entries per person: one (1) entry on Facebook, one (1) entry on Instagram, and one (1) entry on the contest microsite at Ontariocars.ca/contest
. The Winner is not qualified to win a subsequent prize from any contest hosted by The Contest Group Entities within one (1) calendar year of the contest winner announcement date.
Duplicate entries on each entry outlet, incomplete entries, and entries with falsified information will be disqualified. The decision to disqualify any entry is at the sole discretion of The Contest Group Entities, and will occur without notice or communication to the entrant. The disqualification decision is final and not subject to review.
All entries must be received no later than October 4, 2018,11:59:59 PM (ET.) Late entries will be disqualified. There is no fee to enter this contest, and no purchase is necessary. By entering, The Contest Entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by the contest rules.
THE PRIZE DRAW
Four (4) random Grand Prize draws made up from all eligible entries will take place on October 5, 2018, 9:00:00 AM (ET). Once confirmed, the Winners will be announced on social media and on Ontariocars.ca/contest
on October 10, 2018, 9:00:00 AM (ET).
THE GRAND PRIZE
There will be four (4) Grand Prizes awarded. The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize package is $250.00 CAD. If any component of the Grand Prize package becomes unavailable before the winners have redeemed it, then a substitution of equivalent value will be offered.
Four (4) x $250 Jiffy Lube Gift Cards (one (1) per winner)
TO BE DECLARED A WINNER
7. To be declared a winner of a Grand Prize (a “Winner”), the Selected Entrant must, in addition to meeting The Contest eligibility criteria and otherwise complying with the official Contest rules, first fulfill these requirements:
- Be reached by telephone and/or email by The Contest Administrator’s representative within the three (3) business days immediately following the selection of the entry;
- Complete and sign The Contest Administrator’s form of Declaration and Release and return it to the Administrator or its representative by email or fax at the email address / fax number provided on the Release Form.
- Correctly answer, un-aided by mechanical means, a mathematical skill-testing question on the form of Declaration & Release.
- Disqualification: If any one of the above-mentioned conditions is not met, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified and shall not be entitled to receive any prizes. The Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to verify the information on the contest entry form of any selected entrant, and if any information if deemed to be false, The Contest Administrator reserves the right to draw another eligible entrant as a potential prize winner.
The Contest Group Entities will not be held responsible for the loss of prizes due to changes in mailing addresses, errors in completed Entry Forms or any other circumstances leading to an invalid, erroneous or incomplete mailing address or email address. Prizes will be delivered within 30 days of receiving the signed Release Forms.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
8. Verification of Entries: The validity of any Contest entry is subject to verification by The Contest Administrator. Any incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any entrant or other individual who enters or attempts to enter The Contest in a manner which is contrary to these official Contest Rules or which is otherwise disruptive to the proper operation of The Contest or by its nature is unjust to other entrants or potential entrants will be rejected and that entrant or purported entrant will be disqualified. All decisions of The Contest judges, who may be employees or independent contractors of The Contest Administrator, with respect to any and all aspects of The Contest, including without limitation the eligibility or disqualification of entrants or entries, are final and binding without right of appeal.
The Odds: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the Prize Package.
Acceptance of Prize: All Prizes must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to
another individual substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for cash or credit. If for any reason a selected entrant cannot be reached through the contact information provided, or does not respond to The Contest within three (3) days of being contacted, or if there is any reason a winner cannot accept the prize as awarded, his/her entry will be declared null and void, and another eligible entrant will be randomly drawn from among the remaining eligible entries.
Substitution of the Grand Prize: The Contest Group Entities reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and for any reason whatsoever, to substitute a Grand Prize or any part thereof, with an alternate prize of equivalent value.
Other Termination of Contest: The Contest Group Entities reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend The Contest, in whole or in part, in the event of any cause or circumstance, including without limitation any virus, computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the control of The Contest Group Entities, that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of The Contest.
Release and Exclusion of Liability: By entering or attempting to enter The Contest, each entrant and/or purported entrant agrees: (i) to release, discharge, and forever hold harmless The Contest Group Entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and other representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in The Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest rules and acceptance and use of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof; and (ii) if selected as a potential Prize winner, to sign The Contest’s form of Declaration and Release documentation in this regard before receiving the Grand Prize.
The Releasees will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries or for any failure of The Contest website during The Contest Period, or for any technical malfunction or other problems with, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software or for any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing, and will not be liable for any resulting injury or damage to any person or property arising from, or relating to, that person’s or any other person’s participation or attempted participation in The Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, The Contest Group Entities reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. (iii) The Winner must sign a release form, giving The Contest Group Entities permission to publish in print, broadcast or online, the Winner’s name and likeness without remuneration.
Name/Image of Winners: By entering The Contest, the Winner agrees to abide by The Contest rules and authorizes The Contest Administrator and its advertising and promotional agencies and their respective employees or other representatives to broadcast, publish and otherwise use his or her name, photograph, image, statements regarding The Contest or any prize, place of residence and (or) voice for publicity purposes, without any form of remuneration, including without limitation, on any website operated by or on behalf of The Contest Group Entities.
Communication with Entrants: No communication or correspondence will be entered into with any Contest entrants, other than with entrants selected in the prize draws. The winners will be announced on social media and at OntarioCars.ca/contest
Personal Information: The personal information gathered about contest entrants in connection with this Contest will be kept in a secure and confidential database, and will not be rented or sold. Personal information of the contest entrants will be used for the administration of this Contest for the purposes of this contest only.